1. Afghanistan’s new Parliament complex, built by India, was inaugurated by Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and the Indian PM Narendra Modi in Kabul. This inauguration function was held on the occasion of Modi state visit to Afghanistan. The new Parliament building is located across from the now-ruined ‘Darul Aman Palace’, the now-gutted palace of King Amanullah Khan.
2. Chhattisgarh has been adjudged as the best performing state for its exemplary work in the field of information technology during the ‘Digital India Week 2015’. The state received the award from Communication and IT Minister Ravishankar Prasad.
4. Satyavati Berera has been appointed as the COO of a ‘Big Four’ accounting firm in India. She is the first woman officer to acquire this post. She will take charge as COO on January 1, 2016, becoming second only to chairman Deepak Kapoor in hierarchy. Berera will replace Neil Wilson, who is moving to London as global operations partner with PwC.
5. The five-time Olympian and two-time Asian champion India’s star player Shiva Keshavan grabbed a silver medal in the 18th edition of the Asian Luge Championship concluded in Japan. The first place was claimed by defending champion Hidenari Kanayama of Japan. On the other hand, South Korea’s Kim Dong-hyeon grabbed the third place and won bronze medal.
06. Software services company Tech Mahindra Ltd, which is among the 11 firms to get a payments bank licence, launched a mobile wallet called ‘MoboMoney’. ‘MoboMoney’ will allow consumers to complete online as well as offline transactions, including payments at grocery stores, tea vendors and restaurants that accept only cash. The company claims the platform allows transactions as low as Rs.1. Tech Mahindra claimed that it is India’s first commercial rollout of a contact-less payment wallet.