Latest Current Affairs 02 January 2016 New Current Affairs
Top Current Affairs 02-02-2016 New Current Affairs
1. The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Protocol amending the Convention between India and Slovenia for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income.
2. Former Chief of Indian Army and former diplomat General O.P. Malhotra passed away. He was 93. General O.P. Malhotra was the 13th Chief of Army Staff from 1978 to 1981 and was Punjab Governor and Administrator of Chandigarh from 1990 to 1991.
3. Book ‘Kargil: Turning the Tide‘ authored by Lieutenant General Mohinder Puri was launched. It narrates first-hand narrative of the operations of 8 Mountain Division, which was tasked to evict the infiltrators from the Drass-Mushkoh Sector during Operation Vijay of 1999.
4. Harpal Singh Kumar, an Indian-origin cancer research expert has received a Knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his “influential” work on prevention and treatment of cancer. His name has been published in the annual New Year’s Honours list published in London.
6. The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modihas approved the signing and ratification of an Agreement for the exchange of information between India and Maldives with respect to taxes. The Agreement will stimulate effective exchange of information between the two countries which will help curb tax evasion and tax avoidance.