The Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) is a branch of the Indian Armed Forces responsible for providing medical care to the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. The AFMS is looking to recruit 650 Short Service Commissioned Medical Officers (SSC MO) to join its ranks.
The SSC MO post is a non-permanent commissioned post with a tenure of 10 years, with an option to extend for five more years. SSC MOs will be responsible for providing medical care to military personnel, their families, and dependents.
AFMS Recruitment 2023 Notification – Overview
|Latest AFMS Medical Officer Notification 2023|
|Organization Name||Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS)|
|Post Name||Short Service Commissioned Medical Officer|
|No. of Posts||650 Posts (585 – Male, 65 Female) Approx|
|Application Starting Date||16th October 2023|
|Application Ending Date||12th November 2023|
|Interview Date||In the month of November 2023 (Tentatively)|
|Category||Indian Army Jobs|
To be eligible for the SSC MO post, candidates must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be between the ages of 21 and 30 years as on 31 December 2023 (for MBBS degree holders) and 21 and 35 years as on 31 December 2023 (for PG degree holders)
- Have completed their MBBS degree from a recognized university or medical college
- Have permanent registration with any State Medical Council/MCI/NMC
Candidates must possess a recognized medical qualification included in the National Medical Commission Act 2019. Post Graduate Degree holders recognized by State Medical Council/MCI/NBE/NMC can also apply.
The salary for SSC MOs is as follows:
- Basic Pay: ₹46,000/- per month
- Non-Practicing Allowance: ₹13,500/- per month
- Military Service Allowance: ₹6,000/- per month
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): As per actuals
The application fee for SSC MO post is ₹200/- for all applicants. The fee can be paid online only through Internet Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
The age limit for SSC MO post is 30 years for MBBS degree holders (only those born on or after 02 Jan 1994 are eligible) and 35 years for PG degree holders (only those born on or after 02 Jan 1989 are eligible) as on 31 Dec 2023 respectively.
The selection process for SSC MO post is as follows:
Written Exam: Candidates will be required to take a written exam consisting of multiple-choice questions from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and General Knowledge.
Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The interview will assess the candidate’s communication skills, interpersonal skills, and general awareness.
Medical Examination: Selected candidates will be required to undergo a medical examination to ensure that they are physically fit for service.
- Application Start Date: 16-10-2023
- Application Last Date: 05-11-2023
- Fee Payment Last Date: 05-11-2023
- Written Exam Date: To be notified later
- Interview Date: To be notified later
How To Apply
Candidates can apply for the SSC MO post online through the AFMS website. The application process is as follows:
- Visit the AFMS website.
- Click on the “Careers” tab.
- Select “SSC Medical Officer” from the list of vacancies.
- Read the notification carefully.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Create an account and fill in the required details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the application form.
Note: The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and is subject to change. Please refer to the AFMS website for the latest information.